..::~*~::..Sunflower Dreams..::~*~::..

Tis the day you shone so bright, Above the skies you rose; not out of sight, As intricate as life can be, Life has always been challenging as you can see. ~2005 © Patricia~

My Photo
Name:
Location: Malaysia

Wednesday, September 27, 2006

My First Server & Mirroring...

FYI, it's my first try in installing and mirroring a server... *Ack*... Well, it's not a new job etc, I know how to deal with PC's... Servers, well it's not too different when it comes to installing Windows OS... yeah yeah... "kacang" ... "a piece of cake" ... how about mirroring for the first time...

Browsing through Wikipedia... I found RAID 0,1,2,3,4... O_o ... the list goes on! OMG... *thinks* I only have 2 Serial ATA drives... need to mirror = RAID 1. "Pokes nose into the CD pack" ... *Install a bunch of things*... *ACK*... Cant find my HDD?... but but... during boot up... both my HDD are indicated as HEALTHY! ...

*Punch in 1-800-88-xxxx* ... "Press 6 for...* *BEEP"

"Hello, this is D... How can I help you?"

... ask a bunch of questions... Already created my RAID 1 and mirrored the drives... need to install the device drivers before my HDD can be detected... *thinks that the User Manual didn't state about anything in the server... darn... stupid CD's that don't tell you anything* ...

"Try this CD... it'll help you with... bla bla bla..."

*Run's the CD... Keep's finger crossed*

*Runs a whole bunch of tests... Plug & Unplug HDD's... Test Files... Format HDD... Plug & Unplug*

VOILA! IT WORKS!!!

WOOHOO... *prepares to send server to the company and self to the airport tomorrow* :P

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

a new job, a new challenge huh?

Tue Oct 03, 11:18:00 pm GMT+8  
Blogger Mystique said...

... no thats not my new job... that's what Poseidon does :P

Wed Oct 04, 12:11:00 am GMT+8  

Post a Comment

<< Home